Friday, May 7, 2010

I have a Dream!

I cannot think of anyone who hasn't heard these words of Martin Luther King. I have a dream!

This was MLK's way of visualizing a better future for so many people and started a movement of epic perportion. King had a dream that one day equality would be part of life, not a seperation of life. Big dream, big results.

Today I wanted to talk about this concept as the past few days I have been hearing a lot of emotions around what I have written regarding regrets and woes. I wanted to set the stage for what we should be aware of and not fall into; and lead us all to the opposite side of what we should do.

In life coaching part of the exercise of finding your purpose and passion is to discuss how you see the results. Visualization is such a key to success. If you can't see yourself doing something most likely it will never happen or most likely isn't really want you want to happen. It is a powerful part of the Four Seasons Coaching, Spring, process. But how do we do this?

We do this by trying out a few visions of ourselves and seeing which ones we like, which ones make sense, and which ones we really know can happen. I doubt that MLK just wrote a speech. In fact I know he didn't. There was a lot of thought, planning, discussing, reworking, revolving, improving, education, passion and purpose to his dream. The speech was just helping the rest of us support and visualize his work.

I have a dream, you have a dream. What is it and can you write it down and visualize it? Let me give you an example of what I mean. For those of you who know me this should not be hard for you to visualize me in this state of purposeful living.

Set-Up

One of my long term goals is to have a career that allows me to work from home. This career will be in the field of life coaching. As part of the goal I will live in a home next to a lake. Every morning I will wake up and pour myself a cup of coffee in the open kitchen that overlooks the dining room and the lake front. I will watch the sun as it rises in the east and the water sparkles as the rays hit the soft waves. The boat will be on the lift 50 yards from the patio deck that is off the lakeside front. As I sit on the bar stool drinking my coffee I hear the robins singing and in the backgroud of the pine trees I can see a bright red cardinal. The water is still and as I gaze onto the lake I see a pair of loons with 3 babes following close behind.

As I refill my cup of coffee the dogs will be ready to go outside and I let them out the patio door. I sit in an overstuffed chair and open up the laptop to see a number of emails from clients and potential clients. One email in particular catches my eye as it is from a publishing house in California. I open it and as I read it find that they would like to contract me for a book that stems from this blog. I am excited and quickly write back that I would be interested in talking with them about the possibilities.

Can you see it??? I can, clear as day as if I am living it right now. I have a dream that I can taste, feel, see, hear, and touch. I know this will become my future, my life, my purpose.

I have a dream...what's yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment