Tuesday, May 4, 2010

How to live the rest of your life with NO regrets!

Thanks for everyone who made a comment about yesterdays post. I heard many say "if only I had known what I would regret I would have made different choices". Key words here are: KNOWN and CHOICES. We all have the capacity to know and we all have the ability to make choices that impact our lives.

So how do we live the rest of our lives with NO regrets? Pretty easy to do if you are willing to be honest about what is important to you and know what you want in your life. Sounds a lot like purposeful living!

I will use my life as an example for all of you. There are four parts; understand what is important to you, pay attention to what you are doing, every day remember to live purposefully and keep in mind what you want to never regret.

Write statements for these parts and you can live without regrets.

Understand what is important to you

1. My family is important to me.
2. My health needs to be more important to me.
3. My friends are important to me.
4. Living a life that is full of new experiences is important to me.
5. Fishing is important to me.

Pay attention to what you are doing

1. I spend time with my family, but think I want more time with my folks.
2. I need to start having a dedication to healthy living and choices and I do not right now.
3. I spend time with my friends and am happy about what I give and get with them.
4. I am more comfortable with the common then the new and I want to expand my experiences.
5. I want to look at fishing as my personal quest and personal time; with or without company.

Live purposefully

1. I will remember what is important to me and live my live with daily purpose.

What I never want to regret

1. I never want to regret that I didn't spend enough time with my folks when they are gone.
2. I never want to regret that I lost a friend by not paying attention to their needs.
3. I never want to regret that I didn't take better care of myself.
4. I never want to regret that I didn't give something a chance or a try.
5. I never want to regret that I missed out on a great day of fishing.

Regrets happen when you forget what is important in your life, so remember what is important and dedicate yourself to purposeful living. In 20 years you will be able to say "I have no regrets".

No comments:

Post a Comment