Friday, May 14, 2010

Be Unstoppable

Be Unstoppable - that's right unstoppable! Do you know what that means? That means doing everything in your power to make the steps to your dream realities.

Yesterday I started a small escape from the Cities and heading to my folks place for the Minnesota Fishing Opener. I have waited 3 months for this so this is a big one for me. It means I can catch nearly any fish I want (Not Bass yet that is in a few more weeks).

As you may recall from one of the earliest posts in this blog, it is a bit of a drive up here, 250 miles or 5 hours. Towing a boat behind the truck a little longer in time. I prepare well when I come up as there is no going home if you forgot something. Dad reminded me to bring the poles; something I forgot when we all went ice fishing in January. This time I forgot my hiking/fishing shoes so I HAD to stop and pick up a couple pair.

Okay back to the focus of my post.

After listening for two hours of Living with Purpose CD from a training class I am in, I pulled out the CD case for the Oak Ridge Boys and alas..the CD was not there! Now what to do, I had a Kenny Rogers CD but just wasn't in the mood for Kenny so I decided to find a Country station in the middle of God's Country up here. I found one that had a local guy giving the Market report - not Wall Street but the hogs and cow markets from the sales lots in Fargo. He ended his statement by saying "things are looking up for the cattle farmers." Great news, I guess, if you are a cattle farmer; probably not a cow though.

Anyway, the song that played after hearing that things were looking up for the cattle farmers was one by Rascal Flatt's called Unstoppable! I don't know if they timed it that way to play immediately after saying the positive statement that "things were looking up", but after two hours of positive listening, the cow futures looking up, and the song "Unstoppable" coming on, I thought it was somehow a sign of what I was to write about this morning.

I wanted to share some of the lyrics with you as it really is a powerful song; especially when faced with a long road of regrets, doubts, and failures. Here it is.

Unstoppable You Tube Video

Like a river keeps on rolling
Like the north wind blowing
Don't it feel good knowing
Yeah

CHORUS
You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable

Powerful messages here - river keeps on rolling, north wind blowing, find your faith, take back what's been taken, dig down deep, you can do, believe, make you whole again, always will it is unstoppable.

Whoa! If that give you a few goosebumps!

Each of us face challenges every day that make us want to quit and run away. Be unstoppable folks..today and everyday. Keep picking yourself up when you fall, be unstoppable!

No comments:

Post a Comment