Friday, July 2, 2010

DND!

Do NOT Disturb!

How many of us feel like putting that sign on our doors, phones, and foreheads every day! Do NOT disturb...leave me alone...give me space...I am not available?

This week I have a lot of DND time and as I sat alone last night, for the first time in many many years, I began to think about what alone means. I know many people have lives that do not provide someone to come home too, so this isn't new to them. As I sat there though I began to notice something. It was silent and I was calm, well that was until I started to think about it! All of a sudden I was caught reminding myself to why I don't ever want to 'be' alone again. It is quiet...very quiet.

Now don't get me wrong I am liking the time alone and I find a peace about it, but my life has become more about being around people and less about being around me. My focus is more on others and less on me. This is not a right or wrong situation but an understanding that I like it that way! I like focusing my energy and time on others. I like learning and growing from others. I like listening and sharing with others.

My values of time have chanced. No longer am I personally connected with alone time. Yes, it is nice to have and yes I am enjoying this time. The realization that I have changed and my focus is no longer on ME all the time really gave me more. It gave me a deeper silence and a much deeper calm.

Here's to understanding DND!

No comments:

Post a Comment