Monday, July 5, 2010

How do we change the World?

Today I attempted to drop off 5 bins of new t-shirts to a number of agencies who help the homeless, abused, and endure personal violence. I thought everyone would be open, but I guess others need the day after July 4th off too. So, I will try again on Wednesday after I call all of the agencies tomorrow to make sure that time will work for them.

I was a little frustrated that I wasn't able to give any of the bins away, so I came home to bring the dog in from the rain and hang out with the other furry kids.

I don't know if this act of giving will change the world, but when I got home and turned on the TV the movie "Evan Almighty" was just ending and God said "How do we change the world? - One Act, of Random, Kindness". Timing is everything in life. One act of random kindness.

It reminded me that helping someone out may not change your world, but it may change theirs. So, I will go Wednesday and any other day they want me to deliver as One Act of Random Kindness could change the world of one other person--and that makes the effort well worth it.

ARK - Acts of Random Kindness = Changing the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment