Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gotta Love Gino Vannelli!

Okay maybe most of you don't even know who Gino Vannelli is, but he had a hit song in 1974 called People Gotta Move. How do I know this? Well, it's Saturday - cleaning day and what better way to clean than while listening to the 70's station on TV and old songs like People Gotta Move!

I don't have a lot of opportunities to listen to music lately. My ears ring galore when the radio is on in the car and putting a headset on can not be good for them either, so I wait for Saturday morning when the house can be filled with the sounds of Gino Vannelli and others from my past.

I love the fact that as I dust or wash something I can sing to the songs of my past. I am also amazed that I remember ever word, like it was yesterday. I sing and I clean and smile the whole time.

This morning I am reminded of how much music means to me and how much energy I get from it. I feel like I could move mountains...or at least the couch to sweep under it.

Get up and feel the groove! Go back to the songs you grew up and bust a move. It does the heart and soul good! You Gotta Love Gino Vannelli!

No comments:

Post a Comment