Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Little Green In all of us

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!
I am not Irish, but I think there is a little green in me anyway. Why not? It never hurts to have a little luck. Mine is probably the Luck of the Norwegians, but I will take whatever I can get.

I think the Irish have a great thing going here. Green beer, cabbage and corn beef, parades galore, and even getting cities to color the waterways green---very impressive.

I think every heritage should have a day of celebration. Let's see what would that look like?

Well Norwegian Independence Day is May 17th and in some towns this is celebrated, but I don't remember seeing a River turning Red and Blue in Ballard, WA and usually it is only Norwegians lining the streets for the 4 block parade.

Germans - I don't think there is a German Day. Maybe we are all to stubborn for "such foolishness".

Mexican - Now they know how to celebrate. Cinco De Mayo all the way. Party all week and everyone gets into this day of independence for the Mexican people. Not an official USA holiday, but you wouldn't know that by everything you can experience. Go Mexico!

The Asian Populations - Lots of celebrating there. Chinese New Years, Independence Day's, lots of great reasons to celebrate.

The list goes on and on. Some celebrations more visible than others, but still we celebrate.

You may not be Irish today, but that doesn't mean you can't celebrate who you are. Take this day to do a jig; you'll feel better, or eat some cabbage; you'll well 'feel' better. Celebrate others and celebrate you!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment