Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Checking in on Resolutions

Well it has been 2 and a half months since we started this journey together and hopefully you have learned more about me, yourself, your values, and your priorities. I wanted to take time today to do a quick check in and see how I am doing as well as hopefully get you all to think about how you are doing as well.
If you remember back to the beginning I talked about New Year’s Resolutions and how they can’t be just one day of work. It’s time to check back in with how you and I are doing. Remember the statistic that only 12% of men and 10% of women would keep their resolution for over 60 days? Well, it is 60 days, how are you doing?
One of my resolutions was to achieve a balance of health. I had small goals of getting into shape and losing the weight. I had joined a gym and got a personal training and I started to watch what I was eating. The gym and PT have continued, but I find I still struggle with the food. The struggle is I love to eat and love to eat not so great choices of food. If it has a lot of cheese or is full of pasta; sign me up. Veggies and fruits; not so much.
Today when I was revisiting my goals I decided to do more with the tracking of what I ate so I joined the online version of Weight Watchers. I have done WW before so know the basics, but just needed to get in touch with my eating habits and for me writing and recording what I eat is a big eye opener.
I know that I am a carb lover, which ultimately means I will need to limit but not cut them out. Carbs make me feel good while I am eating them, but they are not so good on the eating healthy plan for me. I also know that veggies are hard for me. I like salads and in general like veggies, but do not like the process of making or cutting up veggies. I am a lazy veggie eater. I am sure there is a support group for LVE’s out there somewhere, but for now I need to ASK for some help from those I eat with to cut up the lettuce or boil the broccoli, yes it is that tough for me to do.
I also know that I love to snack at night. Give me some chocolate or pudding or anything salty and I am all over it. So, healthy eating means healthy selections so the fridge now has 4 dozen or so tangerines and a bag of grapefruit, that should keep me busy and a snack at night can now be healthy.
What was your 1 or 2 resolutions? How are you doing? Check in with yourself and be part of the 10% !

No comments:

Post a Comment