Sunday, October 17, 2010

Who belongs to this Baby?

Okay, so I bought a new toy. I don't like buying myself toys..I don't like buying myself much of anything. I feel guilty for spending money on me and not others. This is an okay guilt, but every once in a while I do think you have to take care of yourself. You have to create some fun for yourself. You have to be a little selfish and be okay with buying something for yourself.

My new toy is a 2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail.

Yes it is kind of pretty. All black with a Red and White Logo, hard bags, loud pipes, and Lord does it bring out the attitude in me.

Many of you have asked "who do you ride with"? Well, not only does Suzan ride, but my folks ride (yes my mother has her own Harley), and I belong to a riding group for women called the "Shift Kickers". I haven't been a ride with the Shift Kickers yet, but I have met a few of their members.

Yesterday Suzan and I went out riding and after a few hours stopped by a friend from the shift Kickers place. She had just had shoulder surgery so isn't able to ride anymore this season. As we stood there admiring the new bike this lady came by who was walking her dog. She came over and our Shift Kicker buddy introduced us to her. For some reason I can't remember her name, but she is associated with the National Women on Wheels organization. She looked at my bike and said "Who belongs to this Baby?"

I proudly said "I do"! It was the first time since I got the bike that I didn't feel like a little kid who had done something wrong. I was proud to be a rider. Proud to be a woman rider. Proud to have others admire "my baby".

So, now the naming challenge is on. What do I call this baby? Suzan's bike is named "Piglet" as it is the smallest HOG (Harley Davidson) out there but what do you call this one? So, the challenge..think of a name and let me know. I will decide and post my decision later next week!

Live to Ride, Ride to Live!



1 comment:

  1. Names...let's see...Le Be-be (The Baby); Babs; Betty; V-Jay Jay

    ReplyDelete