Tuesday, October 19, 2010

240th post

Today is the 240th post to this blog, 2/3rd to the goal of writing until the end of the year. So, what have I learned in the past few months? Quite a bit actually!

In the past months I have learned:

1. If you put your mind to it, you can do what you set out to do.
2. You get better at framing your ideas as you write more.
3. You don't have to be an expert to write, only have a passion to share your thoughts and ideas.
4. The world opens up to you when you allow it. Many times i wasn't sure about what to write and something happen or I heard/saw something that struck me to write.
5. I now have over 200 pages of writing that can be organized into a book or two.
6. I have found that I really do like write! This is a statement I never thought I would say.
7. I have formed new friends and deeper relationships by opening myself up in this way.
8. I have gained a renewed sense of urgency around motivating others.
9. I have found that spending 30 minutes of a day doing something is really achievable. Maybe working out can follow in line next.
10. I have learned that you rely can make a positive impact and live a purposeful life.

I have 74 days left until the end of this year. 74 days to write more and share more. For 14 of these days I will be traveling with my folks up to Churchill Manitoba on a vacation to see the polar bears. I hope to blog my way through the tundra as the final chapters on this blog come to the end.

What have you learned?

No comments:

Post a Comment