Saturday, October 16, 2010

Horoscopes?

I am not a very superstitious person, in fact I can say that I am not superstitious at all. Ladders, cats, wearing green on bikes...I don't let myself believe in the evil that is suppose to be tied to them. I don't usually read horoscopes either, but today I did.

We stopped for breakfast at a little place in Zimmerman Minnesota on our Saturday motorcycle ride and there was an extra paper there so as I was reading the funnies while waiting for my egg and rye, I read my horoscope.

Taurus (April 20-May 20)
"You don't practice what you preach, because you don't preach! You've made it a policy to let your actions speak for themselves. Because of this, you'll impact the world in a positive way!"
Okay, now this is a great Horoscope and I had to read it a few times because for those that know me I hope this is how you would see me. It is how I see myself.

I do have a personal policy (aka value) of being Christ like. Having my actions tell others who I am. I am not a preacher, in fact talking or telling people what to do or how to do it has never been my game. I am an action person.

I live my life with passion and conviction. Maybe that is why this blog has been so important to me or why Cuc Vu touched my soul with her speak of personal authenticity or why the Janice that shows up every day is just that--Janice. I don't pretend to be anything I am not and I don't put on an act at any time. Yes, I do walk a little more confident when I have my fancy outfits on or my leather chaps, but that attitude is always there. I am who I am and my actions  speak to the person I have become.

I use to think that if I was something else or acted differently maybe people would like me or maybe someone would love me or maybe someone would think I was cool. Now I know that the person I am every day is very likable, lovable and cool. No acting, no pretending, just being the best Janice I can be today.

I also believe that I will impact the world in a positive way. I think I already have in some respects. I have people who tell me every day how my blog has impacted them. I have people who say I have a giving heart. I have strangers say thank you and loved ones say you are amazing. I give without concern of getting, I forgive without feelings of anger, and I love unconditionally.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Be the person who can have a positive impact by having YOUR actions speak louder then words.

No comments:

Post a Comment