Friday, October 8, 2010

What an end to the Summer!

Today it is nearly 80 degrees with a high of 85 coming by mid-day. It is fresh and clear and beautiful out.

I was asked to play hooky today to go and play. As tempting as this is, I find that my work needs to get done before I play.

When I was asked to play hooky from work I thought to myself "what would I do with a day like today?"

The "to-do" list is long and real playing isn't on the list. What! No playing on the 'to-do' list, that is uncivilized!

Why don't we put our play activities on our 'to-do' list? Think about how much we would be able to cross off the list if we listed the fun stuff as well as the need to do stuff!

On my unofficial 'to-do' list is:
Vacuum
Wash Clothes
Clean Floors
Put up Gutters
Fix the mower tire
Clean the Garage
Count the sweatshirts to sell
Take things to ARC
Clean out Fridge
Put up Christmas Lights
and organize file folders

No fun, nothing exciting, no play! I guess for me play comes after work. It is how I grew up and the value my folks instilled on all of us kids. I find this funny as now that they are retired and have all the time in the world to play they still have 'so much work to do they don't have time to play'!

So, I guess my thought is that if we don't take play as serious as work we will never play (or not play enough).

Add Play to your 'to-do' list! Enjoy the outdoors when you can! Live for play - not work!

No comments:

Post a Comment