Saturday, June 19, 2010

Saturday Cleaning

I love Saturday Mornings..especially when I have nothing planned, no where to go, and the house to myself. Why...I love to clean. Crazy but true. I find so much enjoyment out of cleaning a house I really should have been a maid of some sort. Okay, maybe not as I like cleaning my home, my stuff, and my way.

I think this came from my father who is always cleaning or fixing or downsizing. Maybe not so much now that he is a bit older, but it was a tradition in our home growing up that every Saturday morning Kitty Wells would start playing on the stereo (Dad's type of cleaning music) and all of us kids would dust, vacuum, clean, mop, straighten, and shake out rug around the house.

It didn't seem real fun at the time, but now that I am older I find myself doing the same thing. Put the music on and start from the top and work my way down.

I wuold say I love to clean the house because of how it looks when it is done. It looks new, smells fresh, and has a put together look to it. I know it won't stay that way for long as with a dog, cats, friends, and even me, it will get messy by next week.

Thank goodness as what would I do with clean house come next Saturday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment