Sunday, June 6, 2010

Are you Contagious?

We have all heard of the phrase "contagious laughter". It's the laughter you have when someone starts and you just have to join in. It doesn't matter if there is anything funny happening, you just laugh and continue to laugh.

Some people have the gift of contagious laughter, I have the gift of joining in! I hear someone with a great laugh and I just have to laugh with them and it doesn't matter how it started, it just gets me going. Most of the time it ends with "laughing so hard it makes you cry" which is another really fun thing for me.

I know there must be some studies done on this phenomena and how much energy a person gets from just being part of laughing. There has to be because the way you feel after a good heart and soul laughter is amazing! Headaches go away, energy comes into your body, and you feel like you can conquer the world!

I desire to be contagious! I really do. Maybe not with laughter; although that would be most wonderful. I desire to be the label "contagious positiveness". Not as catchy of a phrase as "contagious laughter", but maybe we can start something!

There are times when I feel my positiveness is a little bit wasted as positiveness is not as contagious (YET) as laughter. In my mind there is really no situation or event that cannot be viewed as positive or at least have a positive twist. It's much harder to see and feel sometimes in sickness, death, pain and hurt -- but I venture to say that even in the hardest of times, there can be contagious positiveness! We may just need to dig deeper for it, but it is there.

I do know there are studies on positiveness and the impact you have when you or someone around you becomes and lives a positive life. I did one for my PhD! The impacts are amazing, not only personally, but to those around you. Being positive has a positive impact on your family, friends, partners, and yourself! People love to be around you when you are positive and you love to be around yourself!

I will share more about my research later in this blog, but I wanted to challenge you all to be contagious today in a healthy and positive way. Don't let yourself get dragged into negative thoughts or action, rather turn them into positive thoughts and action and see what happens!

Are you contagious? Are you willing to be contagious! Bring it ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment