Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time Away

It has been a long summer and most of it spent in Minneapolis. As I look back work was go busy it was hard to get away for more then a day, maybe two.

Work at work, work at home, fixing, cleaning, and just taking care of things really gave me no time (nor did I take it) to just relax and fish and relax and fish some more.

I have the chance this weekend to get away and I am taking it. Five days in God's Country fishing and hanging out in the mighty pine trees of Minnesota. Five days without internet access, cell phone coverage, cable TV, or the technologies of the world. So, as I prepare to head out of the busy cities, I wanted to plan for my weekend.

Five days of:
Listening to the wind through the pine trees
Smelling the woods after a rain shower
Sitting on a dock next to a still lake while watching the sun rise and set
Trolling slow for the 'big one'
Watching eagles soar
Exploring new inlets and coves
Hearing the loon's song echo over the lake
Creating a lasting memory with family and friends

Yes, the next five days will touch my soul, warm my heart, and remind me why I live.

I hope you all can find your soul this weekend as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment