Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Heat is on!

Maybe I am getting sick, maybe it is getting cool out, or maybe it is just comforting. Whatever the reason, the heat is on in the house.

I usually don't like turning the heat on until October because usually having to add heat means summer is over, but I changed my thoughts tonight when my toes became hold and the poor cats are covering their heads in blankets just to stay warm.

So what does turning the heat on have to do with living positive and purposeful? Good questions, but I think I have a thought or two.

The first thing is that we all deserve to be comfortable. Maybe not every day as being in an uncomfortable state is not always a bad thing, but every once in a while it would be nice if those around us; as well as ourselves, could create a confort area for each of us.

The second thought is why do we deal with not doing something when it creates such an uncomfortable situation? Do I really need to be stubborn about not wanting summer to end when I have a new heater ready to go? Do the cats needs to freeze or toes turn blue before I stop being foolish and just do something different?

Seriously, it all goes to positive and purposeful living and understanding that there are times, days, months, and situations were comfort should be our goal. So, tonight the heat is on and I am comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Heat could always be on for me! But if the heat was on all the time I would get out and that is NOT positive and purposefull living! Heat is always good, though, to stay comfortable!!! I like being able to run around the house in my shorts and still be warm... ahhhhhh! :O)

    ReplyDelete