Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm getting so nervous!

I usually don't get nervous about things, but I all of a sudden am! Why? Well this weekend I am going back to Concordia College in Moorhead for my 25 year reunion! 25 years! What? I am that old?

I haven't seen any of my classmates since I left campus and although a few have found me through social networking, I have not reconnected at all. I have 2 or 3 friends from way back then that I have kept in contact with, but not the 120 or so that have all of a sudden come out of the woodwork asking me to come as they really want to see me.  I didn't know I knew 120 people during my college years!

I finally signed up this past weekend and as Friday approaches I am finding myself getting nervous! I know it may not seem like it, but I am a shy and introvert person in crowds. I don't like to be the center of attention and would rather hang out with 1 person more than 100!

So, I have 48 hours before I see these folks and my thoughts are:

1. How will I recognize anyone?
2. How can I lose 40 pounds fast!
3. What am I going to do with 120 new friends in my life come next Monday?
4. What will I wear?
5. Will anyone recognize me?

I realize not of these questions are logical, but I am getting nervous over them. I guess it is a fun nervous as I will get to see my past for the weekend and see how far I have come, how much I have changed, and how much I have stayed the same.  Here's to the past 25 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment