Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The New Moon

September 8th is New Moon day! I actually love new moon days, mainly because the fishing is usually really good on new moon and full moon days, but that isn't the only reason.

New moons happen onces a month (most of the months) and it occurred to me today that I think each of us should have a personal new moon in our lives. A day that is a "start over from scratch" day. The moon doesn't say "been there, done that, ain't going to do it again". NO, every month the new moon starts all over again and in two weeks it becomes full and bright and fills the night sky with light.

Think about it...what if once a month you could say "okay, time to make this a new moon day"! A day of starting over, starting new, starting with a plan--to become a full moon in two weeks?

They say it takes 14 to 21 days to make a habit part of life. What if that first day was the new moon and 14-21 days from now you are in a full moon phase?

Start working out again, stop doing something again, make it a habit! Most of us never give a task or a challenge more than 3 or 4 days before we give up. I know I don't. I get distracted or just tired.

I pledge today my new moon day. I pledge that I will give myself the full phase of the moon (until September 23rd) to challenge myself to work out every day for 30-45 minutes.

Take a pledge, be a new moon person! Let's see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment