Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Season of change

Can you feel it? Can you see it? Can You smell it? The season is changing!

This morning we headed out on the motorcycles for a short ride. The back roads of Minnesota are beautiful this time of year. The leaves are beginning to show their brilliant colors so around every curve and ever turn I watched with anticipation for the next tree that is beginning to change colors.

There was the fall smell in the air as well. It was crisp and smelled like a fresh rainfall. If you remember what it smelled like the last time you jumped into a huge pile of leaves you know the aroma.

The breeze was refreshing...chilly but refreshing. When you ride in 50 degree temps it is chilly, but there is something completely refreshing about it. We passed a few lakes along the way and the breeze from the lake was my heaven.

When I got home I was chilly, but so glad I went out today as you don't see, feel, or smell the change sitting around the house. You have to go out and find it.

It reminded me of my change. I would never be where i am at, think how I think, or live how i live had I just sat around and let life happen to me. I got out. I explored. I cared. I lived. Life looks, smells, and feels so much better when you embrace the change around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment