Saturday, August 7, 2010

Where do the Days Go!

Whoa..what happen to Thursday and Friday this week? It was so busy and I was so busy that I didn't have the energy to write my blog. Shame on me...or maybe not.

I was thinking this morning, during my power cleaning hour, that I am amazed of all the things I and others accomplished this week. Yes it was crazy but whoa what a purposeful week I know I had.

From productive meetings (yes there are unproductive meetings), to starting to learn French words and phrases, to mowing the lawn, to connecting with old friends, to paying more attention to nose surgery brothers, to cleaning, to washing clothes, to celebrating birthdays, to morn the loss of a friends father, to celebrating a bake sale for Breast Cancer, to getting my 401K situated, to paying bills, to cheering for the boys of summer...the list goes on and on! Purposeful living and living with purpose!

I know many of you look for a post every morning to start your day and for that I am really grateful. This past week I missed a few of those days so I wanted to give just a little advise.

When I have missed an opportunity to share with you my views, thoughts, and life take 10 minutes and write down yours! Write down all that you have accomplished this week on your quest for positive and purposeful living. Spend the 10 minutes celebrating YOU!

One of my conversations this week was with a colleque about commuting. She was reading my blog and we were both 'complaining' about our commutes now that road construction season is hitting. As we were talking I found myself thinking what an amazing person this is. Here is a mother who is putting herself through school, working full time, commuting longer then me, and living with purpose and she is reading my blog? I think maybe I should read hers!

You see all of us have positive and purposeful living in us if we just take the time to pay attention to ourselves as much as we pay attention to others. I would love for read her 10 minute celebration writing on how she has spend the week being positive and purposeful. I am sure it would amaze me.

So, there is the task. Write when I don't write....actually write even if I DO write. Celebrate your life, your positive outlooks and your purposeful living. It will amaze you to find just how much you mean to others, do for others, live for others, believe in yourself, and do for yourself.

Go forth and GIVE every day meaning!

1 comment:

  1. I have been in bed all week with my laptop waiting for your next post and would keep refreshing the browser, closing the browser and still no new posts... thinking my browser wouldn't refresh. I did spend the time writing a few of my own experiences from this past week as a solution:)

    ReplyDelete