Monday, November 29, 2010

A Wrought Life

Reality has set in. I am back to work, back to comfortable life, and back to just being.
As I have been reacquainting myself to my life after vacation the word tractable came to me today. It was my daily calendar ‘word of the day’. The word tractable means “easily handled, managed, or wrought”. I know what handled and managed were, but throwing in wrought seemed like a curve ball.

So I looked up the synonyms for wrought. The first one on the list was shaped, next fashioned, formed and created. Hum…so easily handled and managed to me don’t always mean formed or created in fact forming and creating is always harder to do then comfortably handling and managing things.

I reflected on the word and as I did it came to me that I really don’t want to have a life that is easily handled or managed! I really do want a life that is formed and created – In fact I do want a wrought life!

Since my vacation I have become acutely aware of how much time goes by that could be spent forming and creating. Maybe this is because my senses are still on high alert, but maybe it is also because I met kids in their 20’s traveling along, building schools in Africa in their free time or seeing the world for what they can do while in it NOT what the world can do for them!

There was a sense of wrought in them, a sense that they could create their future and form the outcomes of their lives. I knew they were special just by how they choose to create themselves. It fit perfectly with the saying ‘Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself’.

So today I pledge an even stronger oath to myself and those around me to have a wrought life. I pledge to shape my future to be more then easily handled and managed. To shape, create, form and fashion my life around my passions and opportunities!

Today is a new day, a day to move from comfort into wrought. A day dedicated to inspire and dream. A day dedicated to starting my future rather than wait for it.

May you all have a wrought life!

1 comment:

  1. By reading your last few posts, it is clear you have experienced what I was hoping you would in your travels and as you travel more and open you mind to your surroundings, I feel one does have a heightened sense of your surroundings and your senses - you are on high alert - it is a wonderful feeling. You see things differently and you see things other people often overlook that you wish they could see and experience. This to I learned from Barbara Glasrud:)

    ReplyDelete