Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Great Horned Owl

So the Churchill Trip has really got my senses on high alert. I thought culverts covered with snow were bear holes driving home and every time I see a Charlie Brown tree I think I am in the Tundra.

Last night after dinner we were all sitting around chatting and someone noticed a big bird sitting on the neighbors roof. Now I have heard Owls around here, but never expected to see one 40 yards away, sitting on the neighbors roof.

It was a Great Horned Owl, so very big. It sat there for a while until, of course, we tried to take a picture and off it went. I guess they don't like their picture taken!

There is just so much to see if I just pay attention. If I can keep my senses aware and focused the world becomes alive. Blue Jays flying everywhere! An Owl on the Roof! Rabbit tracks and Sparrows. I love the fact that I see everything right now.

Become aware and watch for everything. You may surprise yourself on what you will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment