Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 2 November 13

The agenda of the day is to tour the train station and figure out where we are going as well as go to the Train Musuem. We got up around 5am..why...I have no idea, but that is what time they get up. I made two pots of coffee and we all showered, seperately, and it was around 7:30 went we went out the door. 

Breakfast was at The Original Pancake House. I had the Grandma's Special which was an apple stuffed crisy pancake the size of a plate. Mom had a cheese crepe and Dad a waffle since he didn't know what else to get..

after breakfast Mom wanted to find a small purse as she didn't bring hers because she thought it would be to big. I asked the lady at the front desk and she gave me directions to the shopping center. It was only 15 minutes away so we drove over there and what do you know, another wal-mart. Mom bought the exact purse she has at home but in tan and you could tell instantly that she was comfortable again.

We got back to the hotel and headed to the Museum. The Museum is in the train station so we made sure we knew where we were going and of course where the bathrooms were.

The museum is upstairs in the station and on one of the old rails so it was chilly in there.  $5 to get in, but worth it. Lots of old train cars and vehicles to see as well as the history of the Canadian Rail. One area was dedicated to "The Rosies of the North" which were the women who worked for the rails during WWII war. pretty cool story.

It took about an hour to go through the Museum and afterwards we headed outside. The Santa Claus Parade was tonight so we were going to watch that. Problem was it started at 5pm and it was only 1pm. We walked a bit and decided to see what Earl's was. It is a bar so Dad had a beer and Mom and I Daquaris. A spinach and articoke dip as well as chicken wings was lunch.

We headed back to our room as it was getting a little chilly out.

around 4pm we headed up the street to the parade area. the people were already gathered but we found a good spot to. sit on a ledge. We wereabout an hour early but time went fast as the people next to us were talking to Dad. I am surprised at how easy Dad talks to people now. I never remember that about him.

A little after 5:20 the parade finally made it down to where we were at. An hour later it was still going, but so was the drop in temperature. Standing for 2 hours in the cold wasn't to fun so as the end of he parade neared we decided to head bsck and get something to eat at one of Mom's favorite places " The Olde Speghetti Shop". Food was good and we were all glad we got there when we did as the parade crowd all showed up about 10 minutes after we got there.

It was about 8:30pm when we got back to the hotel and after a quick check of email it was bed time. Oh, bring ear plugs when sharing a room...they work wonders keeping it quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment