Friday, November 12, 2010

How Blessed I am

Well it is Friday morning and before we take off for vacation I wanted to give you all an update.

Last night my Mom went to see her sister (My Aunt Laverda) before the family meeting. During that time Mom read to her and asked her questions and told Laverda to squeeze her hand.

Like the strong German she is, Laverda did it. She would nod her head yes and no and Mom said she squeezed her hand like a wrestler! It is a small miracle at this time. Well, maybe a big miracle, so the prayers are working.

At the family meeting the doctor was amazed and he said he never thought it was possible after what they had thought 2 days ago. Last night the doctor told the family that with the improvements so far he feels that Laverda has a real fighting chance to make it through this. The road will be long and hard, but she is on the road at least and not on the edge. So, it is with a thankful heart and calm spirit that I ask for your continued prayers for her recovery. The power of prayer can NOT be underestimated, never and no how.

So, this is good news and news that has lifted my folks up to be excited to go again on our vacation knowing that Laverda is doing the best she can to be strong and make it through. Again, a long road and lots of challenges ahead as they still need to remove the ventilator and have her breath on her own, but to know there is a better chance for her survival right now makes my heart sing.

I guess the question for me is why has the last week brought out the prayer in me? Why do I question the powers from above? This event has been a spiritual journey for me and as I asked for God's peace and calm yesterday, He provided.

He provided loved ones, amazing friends, an amazing career, trips, health and so much more--but yet I doubt Him at times. As I was driving home yesterday I made a promise to myself to remember that through Him all things are possible. Life is possible as is death. Our job is to live a positive Christlike life and find purpose in every day. It is our calling and our duty. Not a right nor a need, it is a must.

I go back to my values. Giving. Achieving. Believing. It is who I am and what God had made me. Believing in the power of the possibility. Believing that where there is hope there is faith. Believing that when you put things in His hands, all things are possible.

How very Blessed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment