Thursday, November 11, 2010

First official day of Vacation

Well today is my first official day of vacation, when I was suppose to be gone, but being with family in a time of need is more important right now. My Aunt has no change and her family will be making difficult decisions today. God be with them.

It is also Veteran's Day and I give thanks for all the men and women - including my Dad, Grandfathers, Uncles and Cousin who have served and given up so much so that I could so much. Thank you!

It all got me thinking though how much life really should be celebrated every day. Life should be lived every day. It is a gift to wake up in the morning.

Although the vacation isn't starting out the way it was planned, I do find peace knowing that I have no regrets in life. I have loved unconditionally, given with an open heart, and lived with purpose. I have lost loved ones and will again, but as they leave this earth I know my faith and belief will hold me steady and get me through.

I will write as much as I can from the trip and find peace and living along the way. Celebrate a Vet today and tell them thanks. Say a prayer and tell Him thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Please know you and your family are in our prayers, Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also praying for them. Don’t be upset. IMO, you should go some natural scenic place for relaxation. I recommend you Luray in Virginia. Go toward the valley. You can find even lots of luray va accommodations to stay there.

    ReplyDelete