Friday, January 7, 2011

Where did I put the bug jigs?

Okay, I would guess many of you have no idea what a bug jig is but for anyone who fishes walleye hanging out deep you probably have your favorite lure that you bring with. I like to try a variety of jigs or lures - Lindy Spoons, Swedish Pimples, Bug Jigs, and Glowies...they all make for a fun time.

Red, green, pink, yellow and white, each color and lure has a time and place.

So why write a blog about this? Well, one of my true dreams is to be a TV personality. Probably something many of you didn't know about me, but I love to act and love to teach. I have always dreamed of having my own fishing show. This dream came up again over the New Year's when I was sitting and watching the fishing shows and again noticing that all of them were hosted by men. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is all bad, but I keep thinking about all the women out there that love to fish and love to be outside and love to connect? What can we do about them? About people like me?

I wrote a Facebook post about my dream and I got a huge response and support, so this weekend I will try and take a few videos of the fishing process as well as hopefully the catch. Now I can't see the video being all about fishing because that isn't want fishing is all about for me. It is about dreaming, learning, and being part of group that has a passion and desire to connect!

Now I know my dream is big but like they say "you can't win if you don't try". I will need to buy some software to help with the video editing part but I hope that when I return on Monday I will have something to share with all of you as well as the world.

So, find the bug jigs, pack up the car and head out. It's going to be a great weekend of dreaming and making dreams begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment