Sunday, January 23, 2011

House Cleaning

The house, like my life, needed a good cleaning out! Getting rid of the clutter, scrubbing the dirt, throwing out old habits and putting meaning back into the day.

I love long winter days just for this reason. A time to look around and house clean. What means something to you? You keep. What doesn't matter to you? You get rid of. What is holding you back? You let it go. What is dirty and not healthy? You stop.

The past few weeks I have been in this mood. Now I was told "it's about time" but it took me some time to get to a point that my physical environment life caught up with my personal self life. You have to get to this point on your own and Lord knows I have arrived.

Old furniture, old carpet, old self, old clothes, old everything is gone. It is a new day and a new life.

So what has been happening since this change? Well I started a Healthy Living Team - Team LIFE Matters, I have started on a number of books and video projects, I have went ice fishing twice and have more planned, I have begun to look forward at the next home on the water, I have changed, yes, I have changed.

I have gone through the winter quiet and come out with a spring renew attitude. An attitude that puts me on top of my world and ready to see every day as an opportunity to improve. It is a great feeling. It took a long time to get here again, but the journey has taught me so much. I have changed.

Sometimes just hearing others story of 'getting it' helps others move forward, so today I share my story of house cleaning inside and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment