Monday, January 10, 2011

What a weekend!

Well I have pictures as well as video from this weekend so when I get home I will get them all sorted out and posted, but it was quite the weekend.

Fishing was slow, but we managed to keep 10 on Saturday of which 4 were eaten for a fresh fish fry on the lake. Sunday we moved over to another bay and met my fishing buddy Mike and we kept 12 walleye/sauger and 1 monster perch.

I pulled a 21" walleye out of the the hole mid-day but with a size rule that all fish over 19.5 inches need to be released immediately it was released quickly without a chance even for a picture. Knave witnesses though so hopefully that will do.

The fishing was slow, but the weekend reminded me of how much of my life's satisfaction comes from spending time with Mike and Suzan 3 miles out on a lake with 3 feet of ice below us. We talk and giggle and give each other a hard time, we change hooks often, depth often, and did I mention giggle and talk?

Life's satisfaction this weekend wasn't about catching the most fish, it was trying to catch fish with two wonderful people! If I could do that once a week I was seriously be the happiest person alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment