Monday, January 3, 2011

How hard was it this morning?

Whoa! I haven't taken time off and stayed at home for a very long time. I was able to sleep in, sit on the couch and do nothing, and just hang out. It was great, but this morning I felt the impact of time off. It was with mixed emotions that I got up at 6:15 to start my 'normal' routine again. A new year but the same routine I have had for over 7 years now.

Get up and go to work! There could be worse things. I could get up and not have a job to go to or anything to look forward too. I am lucky but still it was hard to awake knowing my time away was over.

The saving grace to the day was actually getting to work. There is something inspiring for me to go in to work and be greeted by folks with "Happy New Year"! Something inspiring about seeing people renewed and smiling. Something inspiring about going into a routine I truly enjoy.

As the day went on there were the normal issues and problems, but through each of them there was something different, something special about the day. Maybe it was that everyone had a few days off to think about 2010 as well as plan for 2011. Maybe for just a few hours this weekend people took stock in what was and is important to them and today they showed that spirit in them.

How hard was it this morning? Not to bad. I felt like I needed a nap around 1pm today, but all of a sudden it was 5pm and I was back home feeling good about my day.

Starting a year inspired and surrounded by inspired people is an amazing feeling. May each of you enjoy that for yourself this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment