Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Minor Adjustments!

Good morning everyone. Nice to see you still here, or at least I hope I still have a few readers.
Today I wanted to talk about making minor adjustments. This concept came to me this week with the creation of a Biggest Loser team - TEAM LIFE MATTERS!

There are 20 of us working to support each other during our individual quest for healthy living. The response has been amazing and fun and even though it has been only one day, I have found myself excited to have friends in healthy living passion.

This morning when I woke up I was thinking about what has made the difference this past week as we all started planning our attack to the challenge and it came to this - Minor Adjustments!

I could have a goal of losing 40 pounds, eating fruits and veggies galore and going to the gym 6 times a week. Yes, I could and for a long term goal those are great, but how do you start when you are faced with a seemingly daunting task of 40 pounds? How do you think day to day about 40 pounds? Well you don't!

Life isn't about losing 40 pounds overnight it is about making minor adjustments. Adjustments on walking up the escalators or just riding, adjustments on eating a seconds or not, adjustments about watching someone else workout or actually working out, adjustments about going once a week to the gym or not at all.

Most of the time, life isn't about making dramatic changes it's about making minor adjustments! Adjustments to the day to day things that happen around us. Taking the stairs, eating less, walking an extra block or thinking a positive thought. Very minor adjustments with great impact!

So today I vow to pay attention to my ability to make minor adjustments every day. In thoughts, words, and actions. Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment