Thursday, December 16, 2010

I am Purple

Many of you probably have a favorite color or two. If you looked at my life I have two: Blue and Red. Most of my clothes are blue and all of my toys are red. I buy red toys – Harley's, Cars, Snow blowers, Ice Augers, Lawn Mowers, and such are red. Walls in our house are red; color on the dog is red and even my toothbrush sways to the red side. I buy blue clothes – jackets, sweaters, pants, t-shirts and such are mostly blue. I also like blue and red foods – blue berries, strawberries, tomatoes, red velvet cake…all very much good spiritual food for me!
The past few weeks I have been reading about colors and the impact they have on us. It is interesting that you can tell a lot about a person by their favorite colors. So what does it all mean and how can we use it to help understand ourselves?
First is to look at some common words around different colors:
Red: confidence, vitality, action, courage, enthusiasm, energy, protection, strong

Pink: love, calming, acceptance, contentment, relaxing

Brown: order, convention, wholesome, natural, stable, approachable

Orange: endurance, involved, creative, relief, bold, adventuresome, brilliant

Gold: wealth, wisdom, success, power

Yellow: wisdom, joy, happiness, clarity, uplifting, optimistic

Green: balance, change, freedom, new ideas, tranquil, secure, soothing

Blue: youth, truth, peace, calm, new, solitude, trusting, dependable

Purple: royal, balance, centered, innovative, uplifting, spiritual, respectful, humble

White: purity, cleanliness, fresh, clarity

Black: authoritative, earth, stability, mysterious, powerful, dignified

Gray: security, maturity, isolated, neutral
So my favorite colors of red and blue tell something about me: I am confident, I like to take action, I have energy, I am a protector, I believe in truth, I strive for peace, I am trusting and dependable. I would hope that is how others would describe me as well.
What is interesting about colors is that most of us aren’t just one; we usually are a combination of two or more. For me I gravitate to the mixing of my colors. Red and Blue make purple. My true color is purple.
So what does that say about me? Well, I do believe in balance, I like to be innovative, I thrive to uplift others, I am very spiritual and I feel I am a humble person. Now hopefully more people would agree with this color for me.
I gave each of you a chance to take this assessment early in 2010 but wanted to give you the link again to go and revisit your colors! What does it mean? Does it still stand true?

http://www.primarycolorassessment.com/test.php
There are many colors in our lives and we all mix and match, but I do believe we always center ourselves with our true colors. I don’t know if you need to complete a personality test on this, just take a look at the world around you? What colors do you wear? What color are your walls? What colors excite you? From there see if their meaning is you or if you mix them together is that more you?

Just another tool in gaining a better understanding of who you are and why you are who you are.
Yes, I am Purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment