Friday, December 3, 2010

Are you a Flake?

Riddle of the Day: What is white, a half inch tall and can impact thousands of people?

Anyone? Any guesses?

Okay, I will tell you! SNOW!!!!

The snow started around 2 today and by 4pm this little 1/2 of white stuff had turned freeways into parking lots, small hills into sledding parks, and homes into places of comfort.

While on the bus this afternoon I was thinking about how something so small can have such a huge impact. It is a lot like us!

Okay, so some of us aren't so small, but how many times have I heard or even thought "what can I do, I am just one person" or "I don't have an power to do anything". Full of I can't, don't, won't, wish I could, or really would like to but!

What if we were all like snow and just let it fly! Let ourselves build up and see what happens? Let ourselves join the other flakes out there and have an impact on thousands of people!

You see, maybe one person can't change the world or make a huge impact, but if all flakes united we would stop traffic! We could turn houses into homes! We could turn blocks into neighborhoods! We could CHANGE THE WORLD!

So, as I watch the snow fly outside and see the flakes pile up, know that I am thinking of you! Thinking of all the Flakes I know and how much we could impact if we came together.

Tonight and this weekend be the biggest Flake you can be and impact the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment