Monday, February 15, 2010

Potholes or Sinkholes?

I had a funny thought this morning after this weekend of pothole dodging that I wonder how many people reading this said they had sinkholes rather than potholes in their lives. I know I have had them from time to time and there is no way to patch those things up, you have to go full steam ahead and repave.

It got me thinking that most sinkholes don't just appear, they actually start small as potholes and after years of not repaving they end up to be sinkholes. Kind of just like life! Let a past issue go year over year without digging in and repaving and you hit that big brick wall of "oh crap" and bang---a sinkhole.

I can find humor in my past sinkholes now, but when they were happening I was not a happy camper at all. Everything upset me and I didn't feel like anything was working out. This was of course before I knew what Gremlin's were or that I was accountable and in control of my life, but those sinkholes have made me who I am today.

So, if you have potholes or sinkholes don't avoid them or run over them, rather face them. I guarentee you will come out stronger and more in control in the end. Don't let the fear of a little tar get in your way of repaving. Set a new direction, a new course of action, a new beginning. Tear up and repave!!

No comments:

Post a Comment