Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Embracing my Values

This morning I head home to Minnesota after 4 days in Orlando. It may have rained the whole time I was here in “Sunny Florida” but I feel energized and renewed as I get ready to head to the airport.

As I sit writing this, I feel an overwhelming sense of my values. This may stem from knowing I made a difference this week as well as that I feel in sync with my life values.

Giving

The past few days giving was more than my time and money. Giving was about hope; hope that things can get better. Giving was about spirit; spirit that lifts others hearts and minds into a positive yet calming place. Giving was about gaining; gaining respect, new relationships, and confidence.

Achieving

Achieving was more than financial or personal gain. Achieving was about growing; growing my skills, talents and character strengths. Achieving was about knowledge; the knowledge of others concerns and needs through active listening. Achieving was about listening; being still and listening to the peoples hearts as well as their thoughts.

Believing

Believing this week took on a very personal meaning as it was more than a belief in my God, it was a belief in myself. It was believing in the connection between the two. Believing was understanding that my personal values are to be celebrated. Believing was remembering that I have a choice on how every day starts and ends.

Giving. Achieving. Believing. This week I embraced my values and it felt good.

May you embrace your values today!

No comments:

Post a Comment