Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another Lake of the Woods Fishing Trip






I promised pictures of the next ice fishing trip I took so today is that day. Last weekend my fishing buddy Mike and I headed to Lake of the Woods, on the Minnesota-Canadian Border.
We headed up around 5:30 and we were fishing by 8am. We were around 18 miles out on the frozen lake and about 5 miles away from the Canadian Water side of the Lake. I have posted some maps for reference as well as pictures of what you see when you go out fishing 18 miles off shore in the northern lands of Minnesota.

First bite came about 8:30am and by the end of the day we had 14 sauger or walleye in the bucket.

Enjoy the pictures! This weekend I am in the "Fishapalooza" Ice Fishing Tournament in Forest Lake Minnesota. Me and 5,000 of my new friends will be fishing for the grand prize of $20,000! All I want is 1 fish that counts. There are 104 prizes given away ranging from $20K to a new Skeeter Walleye Boat. I have a 2007 Skeeter Bass Boat, but would love another. Yes, I am hooked, line and sinker in love with fishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment