Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Great Way to Start Your Morning!

I have tried to give a few examples this week of people who I believe have indulged in purposeful living. One story about a real person making a purposeful commitment and the other from a movie that has truly changed people’s lives. After I wrote last night’s blog posting I did a Google search for “Pay it Forward”. Do you know that there are at least 10 different organizations in different countries that now take this premise/idea and are moving it forward? Now that is purposeful movie making.

I have one more from this morning I would like to share; maybe not so much purposeful living, but positive to say the least and impactful on me as well.

As I was walking into my work building this morning at 7:20am, I noticed a kid – maybe 20 – with a jacket on that had a college logo from a southern state. There are always a host of college and pro players around the building that sits next to two main hotels in Minneapolis, so this isn’t all of that unusual to see kids from other states/countries –never really at 7:30 am though. He was standing outside in the snow/blizzard grinning from ear to ear and I thought to myself what a wonderful smile, but what in the heck are you doing! Are you crazy! As I approached the door he grabbed the handle and opened it for me and said “this is absolutely amazing”.

A young kid, up at 7:20am, watching the snow fly in every direction, no hat just a workout suit and jacket, grinning from ear to ear and saying “this is amazing”.

How can your day NOT be great when it starts out with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment