Saturday, January 30, 2010

The First 30 days

My Reflection

I am elated today as my dedication to this blog has lasted 31 days! Yes! This is the 31st day and 29th post, so I am on track and feeling good. I thought it would be good to reflect at the end of each month to summarize my thoughts as well as evaluate my work and provide you with my goals are for the next month.

In the Beginning

I had the idea of this blog after watching the movie “Julie and Julia”. It inspired me to think of how maybe I could dedicate myself for a full year around an idea. For Julie it was to make every recipe in Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook. Not an easy task with over 500 recipes, but she did it and blogged about her experience and life during this time.

Well I love Julia Child, which is why I saw the movie, and was inspired to do ‘something’ as well. My goal was and continues to be to record my thoughts and insights around 365 days of positive and purposeful living. I could have never imagined how much work it takes to actually do this, but I also never imagined the kind of satisfaction I have from doing it. My dedication is stronger than ever and the thoughts continue to come around how and what I will say.

My Mission

One of my goals for this blog was to help others learn about me as well as about my beliefs and personal goal of helping others live positive and purposeful lives. From the comments I have had from many of you, I have started to do just that. From helping you figure out goals, values, and strengths to reminding you to pay attention, giggle, be giddy, and breathe I love the fact that I have impacted you and in the process impacted myself.

My February Goals

I have a few things that I want to finish up from January as well as move forward with in February. I will start this weekend to finish up my thoughts on strengths. In February I will talk about personal ROI and planning, getting out of your own way, how to put action to your plans, and always keep it real with pictures and stories from my life.

My hope is that you continue to hang in there with me as well as share this site with your friends and family. I would love to have more comments and interact as we continue, but that is my want and may not be your need, so we will just have to see what happens.

So, there you have it – how I started, why I started, what I have done, and what I am planning on doing.

As you read my reflection, I hope it inspires you to sit back and reflect on your last 30 days. What have you learned about yourself? What do you want to know more about?

Have a wonderful Saturday. I will be flying to Orlando Florida for a work meeting and I can’t wait. The temperature when I land will be 60 degrees warmer than Minnesota right now; where are my shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment