Monday, March 7, 2011

Making something from nothing!

Have you ever noticed in life that sometimes the best plans are no plans? It really is amazing how things can just come together when you think you have absolutely nothing.

Tonight as I was thinking about what to make for dinner I decided to use up a few of the leftovers in the fridge. Red peppers, garlic, tomatoes, onions, chicken and asparagus. I wasn't sure what I was going to make but it all sounded interesting. I checked the online cookbooks for roasted peppers and found a recipe that called for nearly everything I just mentioned.

It is now cooking and it smells great in here. I actually made something from nothing.

There is a life story in here. Sometimes we are faced with having all sorts of activities and thoughts in our lives but we really have no idea how it will all come together. We struggle with it and most of the time (like much of the food in the fridge) parts of the recipe get pushed to the back or worse yet goes rotten.

The next time you don't know what to do, pull it all out! Everything in your life that doesn't seem to make sense - pull it out and write it all down! Look at it and put it in an order. Key ingredient, veggie to add later, a little oil here or garlic there....the pieces of our lives become ingredients to a wonderful meal.

Take the education and mix with a dream, add a pinch of motivation and a dash of passion and I guarantee you will make "something from nothing"!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment