Thursday, March 17, 2011

Be a Personal Master to your Young Grasshopper!

One of my favorite shows growing up was Kung Fu. No, not the fighting but the lessons. There was aways a lesson at the end of each episode. The Master would say "Remember this Young Grasshopper" and then give some profound yet meaningful hint to life.

Some days I feel like the Master, but most days I feel like the Grasshopper and the Master is a Voice in my head!
I think to be able to hear a Master you must be willing to listen to your heart. See! That sounds just like something Kung Fu Master would say! Profound yet very meaningful. Sometimes I become my own Master's voice in my head. Here are a few examples.

This morning on my way to work I saw two cardinals sitting in a pine tree. I was sitting at a light so I had a little time to watch them. As I sat there watching my Master voice came and said "Sometimes you need to sit still to see all the beauty around."

Tonight as I was working out with my Personal Trainer I had a 30 second break between sets and with nothing to say or do my Master voice came and said "A 30 second recovery can make you stronger."

I wasn't sure what to write this week for the blog posts until one of you wrote me a quick note asking for more posts. As I read the words my Master voice came and said "Even in your silence your words speak loud."

It is like I have a fortune cookie mind! I love this about me and when I catch my Master voice speaking to me I listen.

As you go into your Friday remember to listen. Not to those around you or to the world around you, but to your personal Master Voice. It takes practice and it takes time to really appreciate the corniness that sometimes comes from it. Just do me a favor and stop and listen. What do you hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment