Friday, February 18, 2011

Talking through a Dream

It has been a wonderful two days of having nothing to do, in fact I have gotten so much done it is hard to believe it has only been two days since my position was cut.

Today I had a meeting with a friend of a friend. My friend and I are both very passionate about helping others make the most out of life. She has been a wonderful connection that I made during my college 25th Anniversary.

The friend of this friend owns a small diner in St. Paul. One stop inside the diner and you can tell it will be an amazing experience. The walls are covered with positive sayings. The tables have positive comments and the people who eat and work there are the most positive I have ever met. It is a place you could really never get enough of.

So I went to talk to her, Lisa, about my situation and the first thing she said after I told her I had been laid off was "GREAT! Now you can do what you want to do in life!" Gracious! Not expecting that and then I remembered she is also a Life Coach and every challenge is an opportunity.

I told her about me and what I had a passion to do and she was so into it. Then she said "so who do you know in the industry?" I don't know anyone personally but said a couple names of guys I knew of in the industry and she said "so have you called them yet?" My head was spinning. Seriously, call Ron Shara or Babe Winkleman? Just like out of the blue "hey want to have coffee?"

Well as I was trying to think of what to say next she said she had learned many things but one of the most important was to reach down to others to help them up and up to others to help you up! Everyone starts somewhere! No one starts exactly where they are today, so if you don't reach up for help and reach down to help, you really are missing the boat!

So, now I reach up. Nervous, yes. Crazy in thought, yes. Motivated, Yes!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to me your motivation and positive outlook on the events of the last few days. I applaud the woman you are! You will always be my hero and mentor... please keep in touch with me? tracy.griffin@hotmail.com
    BIG Love to you!!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete